Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » External resources » flashcc - Compile your C++ code to run in Flash Player
flashcc - Compile your C++ code to run in Flash Player [message #39368] Thu, 14 March 2013 11:05 Go to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
This is an interesting product prom Adobe:
http://gaming.adobe.com/technologies/flascc/

"The Flash Player version of Unreal Tournament 3 turned out to look even better than the version we shipped on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."
Mark Rein, Vice President, Epic Games

[Updated on: Thu, 14 March 2013 11:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: flashcc - Compile your C++ code to run in Flash Player [message #39369 is a reply to message #39368] Thu, 14 March 2013 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Thanks. That's really interesting!
Re: flashcc - Compile your C++ code to run in Flash Player [message #39370 is a reply to message #39369] Thu, 14 March 2013 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
I did not try it, but maybe it compiles faster code, than compiling to JavaScript
icon14.gif  Re: flashcc - Compile your C++ code to run in Flash Player [message #39376 is a reply to message #39370] Thu, 14 March 2013 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Thank's, very interesting !
Re: flashcc - Compile your C++ code to run in Flash Player [message #39408 is a reply to message #39368] Fri, 15 March 2013 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
This technology was around for long time. It was in beta-status and was called Alchemy.

Regards,
Novo
Re: flashcc - Compile your C++ code to run in Flash Player [message #39487 is a reply to message #39368] Fri, 22 March 2013 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hi!

Extremely interesting.
Does anybody tried it with U++?
If I have understood it runs in the browser but read/save file on your local machine... Rolling Eyes

I do not match the:

Minimum system requirements

Flash Player 11 or higher
Flex SDK 4.6 or higher
Java Virtual Machine (64-bit)

Windows

Microsoft® Windows® 7 (64-bit edition)
Cygwin (included)

I would consider to upgrade my computer if it really works.

Luigi

[Updated on: Fri, 22 March 2013 09:50]

Re: flashcc - Compile your C++ code to run in Flash Player [message #39488 is a reply to message #39487] Fri, 22 March 2013 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Hi Luigi,

If you are interested in using Flash with C++ there is an interesting commercial product called Scaleform GFx. It is a Flash Player made as a C++ library. Based on hardware-accelerated graphics.
Non-source code version is not that expensive. Smile
Actually, it works in an opposite way: it allows you to use Flash in C++ instead of compiling C++ info Flash.

Regards,
Novo

[Updated on: Fri, 22 March 2013 13:48]

Re: flashcc - Compile your C++ code to run in Flash Player [message #39489 is a reply to message #39488] Fri, 22 March 2013 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Novo wrote on Fri, 22 March 2013 13:44

Hi Luigi,

If you are interested in using Flash with C++ there is an interesting commercial product called Scaleform GFx. It is a Flash Player made as a C++ library. Based on hardware-accelerated graphics.
Non-source code version is not that expensive. Smile
Actually, it works in an opposite way: it allows you to use Flash in C++ instead of compiling C++ info Flash.

Hi Novo,

thanks for the info. It seems interesting too.
However at moment I am interested in whatever way to port my application U++ based on tablet device. Flashcc looks like a fast way to do so without to change the source code.

Luigi

[Updated on: Fri, 22 March 2013 15:32]

Re: flashcc - Compile your C++ code to run in Flash Player [message #39491 is a reply to message #39489] Fri, 22 March 2013 19:09 Go to previous message
Contributor
forlano wrote on Fri, 22 March 2013 15:32

However at moment I am interested in whatever way to port my application U++ based on tablet device. Flashcc looks like a fast way to do so without to change the source code.

Then I think you have to check Emscripten also. It allows you to compile to javascript. E.g. it can generate a HTML page embedding your executable compiled to JavaScript as a new machine code.

I opened an other topic about Emscripten.
Previous Topic: On Windows: Creating VERSIONINFO for your binaries...
Next Topic: Emscripten - Compile your C++ code to run in any web browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:01:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01531 seconds