Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Console data not searchable
Console data not searchable [message #39651] Sat, 13 April 2013 06:24 Go to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
When compiling ide.h it took about 10 minutes and ended with errors. I tried using the 'Find' in the Console window to find what the errors were with no luck.

Is this a problem with my setup or is this normal in Upp.

I downloaded the latest daily and with M$C12 it compiles ide.h fine but with M$C9 it does not.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 April 2013 06:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Console data not searchable [message #39653 is a reply to message #39651] Sat, 13 April 2013 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

nlneilson wrote on Sat, 13 April 2013 06:24

When compiling ide.h it took about 10 minutes and ended with errors. I tried using the 'Find' in the Console window to find what the errors were with no luck.

AFAIK there is no feature that would allow you to do arbitrary searches in the console. Pressing F4 can be used to step through the errors one by one. It moves you to appropriate position both in the source and in the console.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Console data not searchable [message #39655 is a reply to message #39653] Sat, 13 April 2013 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Thanks Honza I will try that.
Re: Console data not searchable [message #39665 is a reply to message #39655] Tue, 16 April 2013 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
BTW, if you rebuild all, it is worth to know that 3rd party plugin code generates a lot of warnings that saturate the console output and hide real errors in U++.

It is therefore sometimes a good idea, after such build, to do second build immediately - warnings are not errors and that is why second time those warning generating 3rd party files are not compiled again, which means you will see only "real" errors in U++/your code.

Mirek
Re: Console data not searchable [message #39678 is a reply to message #39665] Tue, 16 April 2013 23:44 Go to previous message
Contributor
The console data is much larger the first build and F4 does work.

Having the position both in the source and in the console is very good.
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Wrong SizeVert icon on KDE desktop.
Next Topic: templated callback
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:33:52 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00904 seconds