Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » expect feature: Selection Highlight
icon7.gif  expect feature: Selection Highlight [message #40044] Tue, 28 May 2013 11:43 Go to next message
akebee is currently offline  akebee
i mean:
index.php?t=getfile&id=4208&private=0
but now TheIDE doesn't support that, i think the feature is imporant£¬ it would be more convenient when coding!
Re: expect feature: Selection Highlight [message #40055 is a reply to message #40044] Wed, 29 May 2013 23:55 Go to previous message
piotr5 is currently offline  piotr5
Experienced Member
good idea, but this is actually what I expect the search function to do. when I "grep searchterm" or in less I type "/searchterm" in the terminal, I get all the search-results highlighted, including whatever has been matched by ".*" and such. this is definitely a feature I'd like to see in theide.

so I would rather propose 3 new features: 1)auto-highlight all visible search-results, and 2) automatically start a search for whatever has been selected, and for convenience in that case also 3) some key-combination (like ctrl-g known from mozilla) moves on to the next match without any search-dialogue being displayed -- regardless what is being currently selected after the initial selection. of course the first two features turned off by default, and a menu-enty or even icon for the third ("find next" to continue searching after the search-dialogue is closed) with some shortcut predefined...
Previous Topic: GeoFun crashes under Ubuntu
Next Topic: would you add feature: Selection Highlight?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:58:49 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01859 seconds