Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » MT/GuiLock rules changed
MT/GuiLock rules changed [message #40221] Sat, 06 July 2013 14:33 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Due to very likely possibility of race-condition issue between non-main thread and main thread, it is from now disallowed to create windows, run event loops and call GuiSleep from non-main threads. Documentation was adjusted, reference/GuiLock example updated.
Re: MT/GuiLock rules changed [message #40225 is a reply to message #40221] Sat, 06 July 2013 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sender Ghost is currently offline  Sender Ghost
Hello, Mirek.

I have read some articles from http://habrahabr.ru site, related to C++ and found some recent article about using asynchronous coroutines, e.g. to process some data outside of main thread, while using it inside of main thread without locks.
The address of article:
"Analogue technique for writing await/async from C# to C++" and translated to english.

While the author uses modern C++ features (such as auto, lambda functions, new STL templates) and Boost Coroutine library, I think, this might be useful as a different point of view to the problem and its solution. But sorry, if not related.

Edit: Changed translator to Google.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 July 2013 20:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MT/GuiLock rules changed [message #40226 is a reply to message #40225] Sat, 06 July 2013 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Sender Ghost wrote on Sat, 06 July 2013 14:34

Hello, Mirek.

I have read some articles from http://habrahabr.ru site, related to C++ and found some recent article about using asynchronous coroutines, e.g. to process some data outside of main thread, while using it inside of main thread without locks.
The address of article:
"Analogue technique for writing await/async from C# to C++" and translated to english.

While the author uses modern C++ features (such as auto, lambda functions, new STL templates) and Boost Coroutine library, I think, this might be useful as a different point of view to the problem and its solution. But sorry, if not related.

Interesting, but not really helpful here...
Re: MT/GuiLock rules changed [message #41889 is a reply to message #40226] Mon, 03 February 2014 23:58 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Sigh....I miss that one.
I'll have to rethink half of my uppcad gui stuffs because of that limit......
Previous Topic: New rainbow web backend experiment: javascript terminal to U++
Next Topic: TURTLE alpha status
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:01:42 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01369 seconds