Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Protect packages - split code encryption,client and server
Re: Protect packages - split code encryption,client and server [message #40519 is a reply to message #40518] Thu, 08 August 2013 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
I think MSC10 is better on speed optimization, not size.
But I think also that speed gain is not so important, with modern machines, at least if you don't code a game or process-intensive applications. Mine is, but I prefere to optimize my code alone than leave it to compliler.

Ciao

Max
Re: Protect packages - split code encryption,client and server [message #40520 is a reply to message #40222] Thu, 08 August 2013 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alboni is currently offline  Alboni
Experienced Member
ok. What the purpose of the cpuid call? The results are not used anywhere or so it seems.
Re: Protect packages - split code encryption,client and server [message #40521 is a reply to message #40520] Thu, 08 August 2013 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Alboni wrote on Thu, 08 August 2013 15:14

ok. What the purpose of the cpuid call? The results are not used anywhere or so it seems.

It resets che processor cache. It's needed because you're rewriting the code.
Re: Protect packages - split code encryption,client and server [message #40531 is a reply to message #40511] Fri, 09 August 2013 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
mdelfede wrote on Thu, 08 August 2013 14:04

I do have many problems with my customers of dumb antivirus reporting my code as suspect or, whorse, as a trojan.
I think that antivirus producers should be sued because of this. They made me loose a couple of customers with their dumb behaviour.

I read up a bit on the topic, and the conclusion is that if you sign the executable (after cryping it) with a valid code certificate then the number of false positives will greatly reduce.
The Microsoft signtool is already included with the compiler.
The certificate costs about 180 euros a year.

Re: Protect packages - split code encryption,client and server [message #40532 is a reply to message #40531] Sat, 10 August 2013 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Alboni wrote on Fri, 09 August 2013 23:55

I read up a bit on the topic, and the conclusion is that if you sign the executable (after cryping it) with a valid code certificate then the number of false positives will greatly reduce.
The Microsoft signtool is already included with the compiler.
The certificate costs about 180 euros a year.

Thank you, but I absolutely refuse to pay money because of other people's mistakes.
180 Euro for a certificate to be able to sell MY application because of bullshit antivirus ? NEVER.
Re: Protect packages - split code encryption,client and server [message #40540 is a reply to message #40222] Sun, 11 August 2013 03:45 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
I hear ya. I'm still considering it.
If it prevents 1 client from running away then it's worth it for me.
Previous Topic: Broken packages
Next Topic: Encrypted storage with streaming (OpenSSL, AES)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 15:02:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01511 seconds