Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Feature request: code generation tool
Feature request: code generation tool [message #40267] Sun, 14 July 2013 04:03 Go to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
If anyone here used frameworks like Rails, Django, CakePHP, they have code generation tools to generate basic CRUD for models.

Do you think it would be possible to create such tool for U++?

For example, given a schema file model.sch the tool would generate the basic SQL code and generic views (U++ layouts).

The programmer could then modify those files to suit his needs.

This would make U++ even more RAD.
Re: Feature request: code generation tool [message #40275 is a reply to message #40267] Sun, 14 July 2013 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
No Message Body

Regards,
Novo

[Updated on: Mon, 15 July 2013 04:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Feature request: code generation tool [message #40643 is a reply to message #40267] Sun, 25 August 2013 10:25 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
SQL code is already generated, to fill the schema into database.

What might be missing is generating layout designer dialog based on schema. Not quite sure how that would be supposed to work, but I am adding this request to RM.

Needless to say, I am often using inverted approach - I design the dialog first, then use already present code generation to create .sch elements... (but I have to fill exact types, true).

Mirek
Previous Topic: [BUG & PATCH] InsertColorDlg should respect cancel and system close window button.
Next Topic: Size of fonts in TheIDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:09:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01196 seconds