FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Chromium Embedded Framework
Chromium Embedded Framework [message #40363] Thu, 25 July 2013 02:26 Go to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/

Is it possible to add this to U++?

Looks very useful.
Re: Chromium Embedded Framework [message #40364 is a reply to message #40363] Thu, 25 July 2013 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
Modifying the U++ core code for this I don't think would be a good idea.

A U++ app that incorporates this could be done but have not tinkered with it so don't know how much effort would be required.
Re: Chromium Embedded Framework [message #40373 is a reply to message #40363] Fri, 26 July 2013 11:41 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

IMHO, it is in theory possible to create a widget that would use CEF project to create a browser in U++ apps. I was toying with it a while back, when CEF wasn't as good as it is now, but I didn't have time to fully integrate it into U++ back then and I don't have that time now either. Also I might be missing patience to do it too Smile

I believe that all you'd need to do would be to create a Ctrl based class which would properly pass events (Key, Mouse) and take care of the painting. It might be little easier with the GTK backend, as the example cefclient is implemented with gtk and could be used as an inspiration. The relevant parts of cefclient code have about 2.5k lines, so it seems it is not very complicated Smile

Best regards,
Honza

[Updated on: Fri, 26 July 2013 11:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: License for my program & donations
Next Topic: Website down time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:09:00 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03030 seconds