Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » umk cannot be used for *.* named directories
umk cannot be used for *.* named directories [message #40504] Thu, 08 August 2013 11:36 Go to next message
bonami is currently offline  bonami
Experienced Member
I'm trying to make a debian package for my app.
As the guideline instructs, the code must be in a directory named as appname-version. So it would look like test-1.0
but when i put my code under such a dir, and try
umk ..,/usr/share/upp/uppsrc test GCC ...

it cannot find my code. Then I changed "test" in the above line to test-1.0, and it needs test-1.upp. After I copied my test.upp to test-1.upp, it just finished building, successfully, but without actually doing anything.
first, it would be better to separate dirname and upp file name.
second, please take dot as a normal part of a name.
Re: umk cannot be used for *.* named directories [message #40507 is a reply to message #40504] Thu, 08 August 2013 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

The way how umk handles command line parameters is (politely put) strange. It is pretty non-standard and I'm not really surprised that it can cause trouble.

Simple workaround would be to put your code in a subdirectory, e.g.:
test-1.0
 + debian
 |  + rules
 + MyApp
 |  + MyApp.upp
 |  + MyApp.cpp
 + other files and directories ...

Better would be to fix the command line handling. I'll try to look at it, but I'm not sure if it'll be possible without breaking some of the behavior.

The best would be to rewrite the CLI interface completely. Preferably using some standards respecting class for simple argument parsing that could become part of U++ (I miss it in some of my apps too Smile ).

Best regards,
Honza

[Updated on: Thu, 08 August 2013 13:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: umk cannot be used for *.* named directories [message #40527 is a reply to message #40507] Fri, 09 August 2013 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bonami is currently offline  bonami
Experienced Member
yes, debian package can be built now.
but when i try
pbuilder-dist precise build hello_2.7-0ubuntu1.dsc

it complains not able to satisfy dependency of theide, which i specified in debian/control, in Build-Depends.
Re: umk cannot be used for *.* named directories [message #40528 is a reply to message #40527] Fri, 09 August 2013 12:55 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

bonami wrote on Fri, 09 August 2013 12:08

when i try
pbuilder-dist precise build hello_2.7-0ubuntu1.dsc

it complains not able to satisfy dependency of theide, which i specified in debian/control, in Build-Depends.

Why 'theide'? umk is in package 'umk'.

If you use pbuilder (which is a good thing, I do it as well Smile ), then you have to add umk into the chroot, because it is not available in default debian repositories. There is many ways how to do that, e.g. via hooks or manually using --login && --save-after-login. Google will tell you more...

Honza
Previous Topic: how to use umk without theide?
Next Topic: ide console output unreadable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:56:52 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00857 seconds