Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [Question]What is the command line for the Visual C++ compiler
[Question]What is the command line for the Visual C++ compiler [message #40879] Sun, 29 September 2013 17:31 Go to next message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
Hello,

I have a question about the U++ IDE. I am using the Visual C++ 2010 compiler, and mostly the debugger builtin Visual Studio. I have already posted a workaround to get U++ compiled under Visual Studio, but this only worked partially, as for example, the icpp files are not properly linked.

My question is: What options does U++ additionally pass to the compiler and linker and why? I would like to try porting it fully to Visual Studio, also because I never use the GUI designer anyway. Besides that, I am also interested in the options it passes and how it may be manipulated to fit my needs.

Thanks in advance!
Re: [Question]What is the command line for the Visual C++ compiler [message #40880 is a reply to message #40879] Sun, 29 September 2013 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi crydev,

If you need to see complete compilation/linking commands, check Setup > Be verbose in TheIDE. It will show all executed commands in the console.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: [Question]What is the command line for the Visual C++ compiler [message #40882 is a reply to message #40880] Sun, 29 September 2013 23:13 Go to previous message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
Thanks Honza,

This made me able to see the options passed. I also figured out how to link it properly in Visual Studio so it works like it should.

I posted the solution in my other thread:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=408 81&#msg_40881
Previous Topic: BUG: Unable to debug 64 bit applications on windows. (upp v6306)
Next Topic: [SOLVED] IDE crashes after pressing SHIFT+F5 (stop debugging)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:29:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01083 seconds