Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » 5,220 downloads in November but 39 forum members...
5,220 downloads in November but 39 forum members... [message #295] Wed, 07 December 2005 13:19 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
I checked the stats on sourceforge.net. We had 5,220 downloads in November but we have 39 forum members... That have raised some questions in my head:

1) why only 39?

2) is everything clear for the rest?

3) the rest have put U++ into the Bin?...

(could we have a database of active Ultimate++ users or runing instances, like "online"..)

4) would some kind of a questionnaire, if included with Ultimate++, help to know the reasons?

5) other forms of feedback?

Other ideas?

P.S All Ultimate++ users, register here if you visit us, please ....
Re: 5,220 downloads in November but 39 forum members... [message #301 is a reply to message #295] Wed, 07 December 2005 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
1: 39 in 14 days is quite good. There is 105 members in mailing list - after 2 years....

2&3: My guess is that to choose U++ as your next app platform is quite difficult decision now. And not everybody has the time to play with it right now. So many people download, try, I hope find it quite interesting and then continue what they have done before Smile

4&5: The only 2 things that we can/need to do is to keep releasing new better versions and gain/keep media attention.

The most reasonable investment here, if anybody is interested, is to write interesting articles about U++ and submit them to various websites.
Re: 5,220 downloads in November but 39 forum members... [message #302 is a reply to message #301] Wed, 07 December 2005 19:26 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 11:11

1: 39 in 14 days is quite good. There is 105 members in mailing list - after 2 years....

2&3: My guess is that to choose U++ as your next app platform is quite difficult decision now. And not everybody has the time to play with it right now. So many people download, try, I hope find it quite interesting and then continue what they have done before Smile

4&5: The only 2 things that we can/need to do is to keep releasing new better versions and gain/keep media attention.

The most reasonable investment here, if anybody is interested, is to write interesting articles about U++ and submit them to various websites.

Then, I'd like to split my question/thinking into parts this way:

1. Media attention:
How do you think it would have helped those 5220 downloaders
1.1 to switch to U++;
1.2 continue to explore U++;
1.3 know if they continue exploring?

2. Keep releasing new better versions:
2.1 if the "users"/"probers" ratio has been growing slowly maybe we need to know the exact reasons by some feedback;
2.2 how otherwise do we know the real needs?

3. Feedback
3.1 How can we answer the questions above without it? We can only draw some assumptions and guesses on comparisons to other products.

In that case we need good ...

4. Comparisons
4.1 That's why I'm going to start some comparison tables...

If you have any ideas how to improve quality and marketing of U++, please write!

Previous Topic: It looks like we are going have 1000 happy downloaders today?
Next Topic: in fact, our forumUsers/downloads ratio is ~5 times better than wxW...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:50:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06043 seconds