Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Environment variables?
icon5.gif  Environment variables? [message #43106] Wed, 07 May 2014 07:34 Go to next message
rxantos is currently offline  rxantos
Is there any way to tell TheIde to set an environment variables during a build?

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2014 07:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Environment variables? [message #43107 is a reply to message #43106] Wed, 07 May 2014 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

rxantos wrote on Wed, 07 May 2014 07:34
Is there any way to tell TheIde to set an environment variables during a build?

Hi,
May I ask you why would you need that? Only reason I can see is to influence the build tools in some way that cannot be set using command line parameters. But I'm not aware of any such feature in any of the compilers that I'm familiar with. Unless you need this for custom build step, but in such case it can be done in the build step definition...

That said, I think there is currently no way to do that. But it would be quite easy to compile your own theide with this special capability added Wink

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Environment variables? [message #47472 is a reply to message #43107] Fri, 20 January 2017 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zhdzhv is currently offline  zhdzhv
dolik.rce wrote on Wed, 07 May 2014 08:20
May I ask you why would you need that?

Hi, I had the same question (before I had read your answer), and I can explain why I need this feature. I'm trying to use standalone mcvc2015 toolchain without visual studio itself, and before running cl.exe or any other build tool I have to set PATH variable properly. And I can't set it globally and forever because there are older visual studios installed. Thus it would be nice if TheIDE could do it every time when build started.
Re: Environment variables? [message #47479 is a reply to message #47472] Fri, 20 January 2017 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi zhdzhv,

Welcome to the forum Cool

zhdzhv wrote on Fri, 20 January 2017 14:28
I'm trying to use standalone mcvc2015 toolchain without visual studio itself, and before running cl.exe or any other build tool I have to set PATH variable properly.

Are you sure it is not enough to set the path in the build method? See Setup > Build methods > "PATH - executable directories". You can insert new director using a right click in this pane and selecting Append row. I think this should be just what you need Wink

Also, isn't MSVC2015 supported by the autosetup tool? This is actually question for someone else to answer, as I'm not a windows user Smile

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Environment variables? [message #47482 is a reply to message #47479] Sat, 21 January 2017 07:07 Go to previous message
zhdzhv is currently offline  zhdzhv
Yes, it's enough, thank you. Wonder why didn't I try before asking.

I even didn't try autosetup because msvc2015 just not installed. I use EWDK instead, it doesn't require any installation, it unpacked to some folder and ready to use. There one batch file which sets PATH and some other variables, and then one can use command line to launch msbuild or manually run cl.exe, link.exe and others.

If somebody will decide to try this toolchain with upp, here screenshot of my initial (just to build examples) settings (win7 x64, x64 target, ewdk placed in c:\ewdk folder):

index.php?t=getfile&id=5179&private=0
  • Attachment: s.png
    (Size: 115.54KB, Downloaded 415 times)
Previous Topic: About single threaded mode for C/C++ builders after 10688 revision
Next Topic: Problem compiling 32-bit apps with 64-bit MINGW
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:53:37 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01418 seconds