Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » Crashing when using MenuBar's
Crashing when using MenuBar's [message #43311] Fri, 27 June 2014 16:18 Go to next message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
Hello,

I recently installed r7466 on Windows 8.1 x64. I used r7099 before, where I never encountered the error. When moving my mouse over opened menu strip items, the following error sometimes pops up.

index.php?t=getfile&id=4575&private=0

Is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong? The code for the menus in my program hasn't changed for months.

Regards,

crydev
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 6.29KB, Downloaded 721 times)
Re: Crashing when using MenuBar's [message #43321 is a reply to message #43311] Mon, 30 June 2014 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello crydev

Does this happen to you in all applications like the Examples, or only in your project?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Crashing when using MenuBar's [message #43358 is a reply to message #43321] Fri, 11 July 2014 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I've seen it happen only in my project. It only happens occasionally though. When I tried to reproduce the error I didn't manage to. I'm not sure what the issue could be.
Re: Crashing when using MenuBar's [message #43372 is a reply to message #43358] Mon, 14 July 2014 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello crydev

Does your project is multithreaded?. Are you updating the GUI from a thread? Could you check function calling list when the exception is thrown? Could you prepare a simplified project with the same error to be uploaded to the Forum?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Crashing when using MenuBar's [message #43380 is a reply to message #43311] Tue, 15 July 2014 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
This means that Win32 failed to create a window (CreateWindow call).

I would say that it is either some generic nasty bug in your code, overwriting something somewhere, maybe it is a method call on destructed object. Or, alternatively, something in your code accidentally creates a log of windows and you run out of HWND per process limit (10000).
Re: Crashing when using MenuBar's [message #43580 is a reply to message #43380] Sat, 06 September 2014 19:29 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Thanks Mirek and koldo,

I have been testing and developing my project for a longer time, upgraded to a newer version of U++ in the meantime. I haven't seen the problem again and I wasn't able to reproduce the error. I think I will let this go because the chance of occuring is very small. Maybe I even already fixed it without acknowledgement.

Thanks,
crydev
Previous Topic: [Bug/please explain] TopWindow.Execute in loop
Next Topic: Function holding a static TopWindow. Is it safe?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:03:28 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01364 seconds