Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Problem with syntax highlight on find results window.
Problem with syntax highlight on find results window. [message #43370] Mon, 14 July 2014 04:43 Go to next message
rxantos is currently offline  rxantos
When using a dark color scheme for coding, the colors get used on the search results window. This makes characters impossible to read, when the search results window background is of a light color.

Would it be possible to:

a. Have the search results window have its own color scheme.
or
b. Have the search results window use the same background color as the editor window.
or
c. Add a flag to disable syntax highlight on search results windows.

The same problem happens in the calculator. Except that is shows the current background in the editing. (But not in the results).
index.php?t=getfile&id=4578&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 14 July 2014 05:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with syntax highlight on find results window. [message #43389 is a reply to message #43370] Mon, 21 July 2014 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
rxantos wrote on Mon, 14 July 2014 04:43
When using a dark color scheme for coding, the colors get used on the search results window. This makes characters impossible to read, when the search results window background is of a light color.

Would it be possible to:

a. Have the search results window have its own color scheme.
or
b. Have the search results window use the same background color as the editor window.
or
c. Add a flag to disable syntax highlight on search results windows.

The same problem happens in the calculator. Except that is shows the current background in the editing. (But not in the results).
index.php?t=getfile&id=4578&private=0

Perhaps we should rather have "dark" highlighting schema default?

Mirek
Re: Problem with syntax highlight on find results window. [message #43392 is a reply to message #43389] Wed, 23 July 2014 08:06 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK, I have now changed code so that if there is "color mismatch" between highlighting and system scheme, it does not highlight in Find Files.

I still thing we should provide "dark highlighting setup" - but ideally I would welcome somebody using black background to do it (I am black on white type of guy...)

irek
Previous Topic: [BUG] umk/theide: GCC always building for sse2
Next Topic: Do you have a problem with "Drag&Drop" on pure GTK IDE inside "CodeEditor"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:49:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02389 seconds