Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » nigthly build tarball 7609 does not compile
nigthly build tarball 7609 does not compile [message #43539] Wed, 27 August 2014 14:03 Go to next message
slashupp is currently offline  slashupp
Experienced Member
gives error:
In file included from ide/BaseDlg.cpp:1:0:
ide/ide.h:367:43: error: template argument 2 is invalid

(it involves VectorMap)

Another problem: am using 7591 currently (Linux), Ctrl+J doesn't work

Re: nigthly build tarball 7609 does not compile [message #43541 is a reply to message #43539] Wed, 27 August 2014 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello slashupp,

Quote:

gives error:
In file included from ide/BaseDlg.cpp:1:0:
ide/ide.h:367:43: error: template argument 2 is invalid

Compilation issue has been acctual reported on redmine: http://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/issues/836.

Quote:

Another problem: am using 7591 currently (Linux), Ctrl+J doesn't work

This is reported too, but I think it is the reson of new navigator policy Smile But, IMO I think that CTRL+J (separate window navigator) should be available.

P.S.
You can subscribe Ultimate++ Redmine (Project managment tool) progress on your favorit rss reader. Url: http://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/projects/upp/activity.atom. In this way you will always be up to date.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: nigthly build tarball 7609 does not compile [message #43543 is a reply to message #43541] Thu, 28 August 2014 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
didn't know about redmine - bookmarked, thx

tarball 7612 does not compile either/still
- should not have been updated in nightly build downloads Sad
Re: nigthly build tarball 7609 does not compile [message #43546 is a reply to message #43543] Thu, 28 August 2014 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I think the best way to daily work with uppsrc is by using svn instead of tarbals. Of course you will need to download tarbal for all needed tools such as makefile or GCC.bm etc..

For example:
cd ~/upp
rm -r uppsrc
svn checkout http://upp-mirror.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/uppsrc uppsrc # Download uppsrc from trunk under version control (Now you can simply back to working revisions)
cd uppsrc
svn up -r 7589 # Update to last working revision

Attention:
Where ~/upp is directory containing tarbal files.

Moreover it is very usfull when you want to post your improvement to upp library. You can use following commands to extract your change/changes:
cd ~/upp/uppsrc
svn diff > ~/MyFirstUppPatch.diff

Now to merge your changes to other user revision (for example the person who will accept your changes to trunk or someone else who wants to use your changes). Commands:
cd ~/upp/uppsrc
svn patch ~/MyFirstUppPatch.diff

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: nigthly build tarball 7609 does not compile [message #43553 is a reply to message #43539] Sat, 30 August 2014 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Quote from redmine on bug #836:

Quote:
Still not luck on the r7623 with the same error (GCC). Not errors when compiling tutorial/NTL14 and I have "InVector.h" in Core.

But using clang++ 3.4 as compiler TheIDE compiles normally. It seems that it is GCC 4.8.2 related issue.

I'm using gcc 4.7.2, so it's NOT (just) a 4.8.2 issue, although there are issues with 4.9 http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTc1MDQ

Last upp-version I have that compiles is 7591, so some change after that breaks the compile.
The "tutorial/NTL14" compiles fine on my setup with 7591.

PS:
Quote:
I think the best way to daily work with uppsrc is by using svn instead of tarbals.

My setup & work-mode makes it easier to use the tarballs (no space problems, got ~5.5Tb to play with) so I just appropriately rename versions and directories - works for me. I do make changes to uppsrc-code to ease developing my own apps, changes would be clobbered/cause hassles if I do it your way.
Re: nigthly build tarball 7609 does not compile [message #43555 is a reply to message #43539] Sun, 31 August 2014 12:30 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
It looks like compiler bug (e.g. it compiles in debug... Smile

I have committed workaround.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Easier linux download for new users
Next Topic: [FIXED] TheIDE (nightly, rev. 7621) does not build on Linux/GCC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:05:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02133 seconds