Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Debugger support for enum values would be nice
Debugger support for enum values would be nice [message #43604] Fri, 12 September 2014 08:56 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I recently got tired of debugging (when it works in TheIDE) of some numeric values and switched to enum, only to find that they are still displayed as numeric.

It would be great if the values were displayed like VS does.

Or just figure out how to compile and debug under VS Smile.
Re: Debugger support for enum values would be nice [message #43633 is a reply to message #43604] Tue, 16 September 2014 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
You can compile in theide and debug in VS. There is even a hotkey for that Smile (Alt+F5).

I will try to add enum support, if dbghelp.dll allows... (for now, file RM task)
Re: Debugger support for enum values would be nice [message #43634 is a reply to message #43633] Tue, 16 September 2014 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Tue, 16 September 2014 15:15
You can compile in theide and debug in VS. There is even a hotkey for that Smile (Alt+F5).

I will try to add enum support, if dbghelp.dll allows... (for now, file RM task)

You mean with "Mdbg.exe"? I don't know which is worse: the completely random debugging of TheIDE or an interface that is not as good as gdb Smile.

And how do you pass parameters to the externally debugged program...
Re: Debugger support for enum values would be nice [message #43651 is a reply to message #43634] Wed, 17 September 2014 23:04 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Tue, 16 September 2014 14:27
mirek wrote on Tue, 16 September 2014 15:15

You mean with "Mdbg.exe"? I don't know which is worse: the completely random debugging of TheIDE or an interface that is not as good as gdb Smile.

And how do you pass parameters to the externally debugged program...

No, you can start Visual Studio (e.g. from commandline or theide) and pass .exe as parameter. At least, it used to work, a couple of years ago. I know Tom Rylek, original U++ coauthor, was using VS for debugging all the time; I am quite happy with theide pdb debugger (well, now there are some problems it seems, but that will be fixed fast), that is I am not sure about current status.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Different file versions among build methods
Next Topic: Problems debugging with Visual C++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:00:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01166 seconds