FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Minimum required to debug
Minimum required to debug [message #43641] Wed, 17 September 2014 13:31 Go to next message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

Hello

Can someone please tell me what are the minimum requirements to get the IDE to debug programs?

My current config is WinXP+TheIDE(7635)+MinGW32(gdb7.6.1)

Build with FULL DEBUG option as default.

I did all I could to try make this work, but, it just does not work.

Using gdb MI2 mode, legacy does not work. In MI2 mode, I see a Running.... message which disappears when a breakpoint is seemingly hit. Registers which show blank values now get *******. Rest everything is blank. No disassembly / line highlight happens. Press F10, Running.... then blank. So, apparently, debugger seems to work, but screen is not getting refreshed.

It is obvious I am missing something on my machine. I do not have Visual Studio. Is that a problem for debugging?

Comments appreciated.

Regards
Jerson
Re: Minimum required to debug [message #43856 is a reply to message #43641] Mon, 10 November 2014 16:36 Go to previous message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

First of all, you don't really need a complete Visual studio distribution to use Microsoft compiler. There's a free Visual Studio Express distribution which is light and doesn't install gigabytes of unnecessary software. Just a compiler, libraries, prerequisites and very minified version of IDE (which you won't use as you have TheIDE).

Talking about the problem you posted, did you check Build/Output mode dialog? It must be set Debug info level: Full
Previous Topic: ArrayPair, where is it ?
Next Topic: Why do we have to manually add Core sub-packages?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:48:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01067 seconds