FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » uld with MingW-w64
uld with MingW-w64 [message #43685] Sun, 21 September 2014 07:09 Go to next message
yrnkrn is currently offline  yrnkrn
Hi,

I am trying to use uld.exe as a faster linker for MingW-w64 4.9.1, dwarf exceptions, 32 bit. I built the latest release, 1.2.21 and tried to link a simple hello_world.c. First, there was a symbol __set_invalid_parameter_handler missing which I faked with:

void _set_invalid_parameter_handler() { }

Then, the program linked ok (and very fast), but the resulting exe did nothing. Loading under gdb it crashed.

How to make uld work?

Yaron
Re: uld with MingW-w64 [message #43689 is a reply to message #43685] Sun, 21 September 2014 17:45 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
yrnkrn wrote on Sun, 21 September 2014 07:09
Hi,

I am trying to use uld.exe as a faster linker for MingW-w64 4.9.1, dwarf exceptions, 32 bit. I built the latest release, 1.2.21 and tried to link a simple hello_world.c. First, there was a symbol __set_invalid_parameter_handler missing which I faked with:

void _set_invalid_parameter_handler() { }

Then, the program linked ok (and very fast), but the resulting exe did nothing. Loading under gdb it crashed.

How to make uld work?

Yaron

I am sorry, but uld is not maintained any more. MINGW linker got faster a couple of years ago and, more importantly, Windows SDK with C++ compiler included became free. I forgot to remove it from 'canonical' 'uppsrc', but is is moved now.

Of course, would you like to work on uld, you are welcome, it is open-source after all Smile

Mirek
Previous Topic: [NEW FEATURE] IDE now supports raw diff/patch files highlight
Next Topic: Is Rainbow/FrameBuffer/XXXXFB broken?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 00:26:48 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05917 seconds