Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Debugging via ssh
Debugging via ssh [message #43805] Mon, 20 October 2014 21:06 Go to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
When trying to use TheIDE through ssh I'm getting a problem with the debugger (old and new). It launches a console with a message "warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Operation not permitted".

This behavior was observed with the latest Upp source code compiled on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (gcc version 4.4.3, gdb version 7.1).

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Regards,
Novo
Re: Debugging via ssh [message #43831 is a reply to message #43805] Wed, 29 October 2014 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Mon, 20 October 2014 21:06
When trying to use TheIDE through ssh I'm getting a problem with the debugger (old and new).

I wonder what exactly is above supposed to mean Smile

Quote:

It launches a console with a message "warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Operation not permitted".

However this is normal and I believe it is GDB bug. I see that too when debugging console apps in linux. At the moment, I suggest to ignore that and hope GDB team will fix this issue... (otherwise, debugging works for me with GDB).

Mirek
Re: Debugging via ssh [message #43832 is a reply to message #43831] Thu, 30 October 2014 04:41 Go to previous message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Wed, 29 October 2014 11:55
Novo wrote on Mon, 20 October 2014 21:06
When trying to use TheIDE through ssh I'm getting a problem with the debugger (old and new).

I wonder what exactly is above supposed to mean Smile

This all is about Linux Smile
1) I'm using ssh to connect to a remote machine.
2) I launch TheIDE and edit and compile code. Everything works fine.
3) But when I'm trying to debug code, debugger just doesn't work. It opens up a new console window with the message above. This is it. Smile

BTW, I'm not getting notifications after the forum software update.

Thanks.

Regards,
Novo
Previous Topic: Weird error when compiling projects
Next Topic: TheIDE precompiled headers: again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:42:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02460 seconds