Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » unhandled exception does not show in the stack
unhandled exception does not show in the stack [message #44511] Thu, 19 March 2015 21:37 Go to next message
aftershock is currently offline  aftershock
Experienced Member
Hi,

I had a crash...stack seemed to be damaged. The debugger did not show a proper stack, just a hexadecimal number.
No function names nothing..
I took me half day to figure out that stack was not damaged.. just there was a unhandled exception.
I started Sysinternals process explorer which showed a readable stack for any thread I looked it. The process explorer can show snapshots of the stack. If the debugger could show the current state of the stack, that would be an improvement.

Is it not a bug in the debugger? if the process explorer can show a correct stack.. Why cannot the debugger?
So it can be a bug.

A.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 March 2015 21:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: unhandled exception does not show in the stack [message #44513 is a reply to message #44511] Thu, 19 March 2015 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
aftershock wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 21:37
Hi,

I had a crash...stack seemed to be damaged. The debugger did not show a proper stack, just a hexadecimal number.
No function names nothing..
I took me half day to figure out that stack was not damaged.. just there was a unhandled exception.
I started Sysinternals process explorer which showed a readable stack for any thread I looked it. The process explorer can show snapshots of the stack. If the debugger could show the current state of the stack, that would be an improvement.

Is it not a bug in the debugger? if the process explorer can show a correct stack.. Why cannot the debugger?
So it can be a bug.

A.

I assume you are referring to ide-internal debugger for VC++. Well, there are certainly things to improve.

Anyway, have you tried to switch the thread? Often the win32 reports different thread to us than what is really the one with problem... Some threads do not have symbolic info.

Mirek
Re: unhandled exception does not show in the stack [message #44518 is a reply to message #44513] Fri, 20 March 2015 19:27 Go to previous message
aftershock is currently offline  aftershock
Experienced Member
In such cases, all threads look useless.
Previous Topic: Is guilock safe?
Next Topic: multihreaded program crashes when started in IDE but not outside
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:05:18 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00846 seconds