Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » ide: Developing preprocessing parser
ide: Developing preprocessing parser [message #44668] Tue, 12 May 2015 20:27 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I have spent last 3 months working on 'preprocessing' Assist++ parser - one that understands macros. Yesterday, I have merged the code back into the trunk.

First day of heavy usage of 'new' theide revealed a lot of problems, so it will take time to mature, however already seems to parse windows headers and stl libraries quite well - which is the ultimate goal of this effort - we want to have autocomplete for e.g. std::string or std::vector.

I think it will take about one month to resolve all issues, then I will proceed on to support C++11 (and 14) in assist++.

Currently theide works, but there are some problems with Assist++ that have to be yet fixed. Also, interesting unpleasant sideeffect is that Navigator now browses significantly bigger database, which makes finding things quite challenging - it will need some improvements...
Re: ide: Developing preprocessing parser [message #44671 is a reply to message #44668] Wed, 13 May 2015 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Thank you Mirek.

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: ide: Developing preprocessing parser [message #44672 is a reply to message #44671] Wed, 13 May 2015 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akebee is currently offline  akebee
A huge task!

ps. why the "Navigate in the file" has disapperated after UPP-5485 Smile
Re: ide: Developing preprocessing parser [message #44805 is a reply to message #44672] Tue, 30 June 2015 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
I am happy to announce that I consider phase-1 completed. There are perhaps some small bugs and issues to fix, but overall parser is now infinitely better than before. Documentation is updated

http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$Assist$en-us.html

and there is a file about "specifics" (about what parser supports, what it does not and what tricks it uses)

http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$Cpp$en-us.html

There MIGHT be a hard to reproduce issue in Linux which is demonstrate by wrongly growing codebase. To this end, you can check number of classes and code entries in Help/About.. - for ide main package, it should be around 7700 classes and 113000 items. If it is something else, the bug is still there. Sometimes it also kicked on starting theide (sometimes the usage grew to GBs and theide got killed by OOM killer). Until this is finally resolved, theide logs some info even in release mode. So if you encounter any crashing/consumption error, please save the log - it is in .upp/theide in Linux (eventually replace theide by the name of ide binary) and in ide.exe directory in Win32.

Now going on to phase-2: C++11 support. Those auto declarations will be tricky (but nowhere as tricky as headers/macros...Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 30 June 2015 22:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ide: Developing preprocessing parser [message #44812 is a reply to message #44805] Thu, 02 July 2015 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Just updated and started testing and looking good so far.

But am I the only one who gets eye strain from the 13 Courier New font in the editor?
Re: ide: Developing preprocessing parser [message #44813 is a reply to message #44812] Thu, 02 July 2015 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, it is safe bet for default font. Personally, I have just checked and I have stayed with it - no strain here. You can change the font in Setup/Environment...

What else font would you suggest?
Re: ide: Developing preprocessing parser [message #44814 is a reply to message #44813] Thu, 02 July 2015 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Thu, 02 July 2015 15:17
Well, it is safe bet for default font. Personally, I have just checked and I have stayed with it - no strain here. You can change the font in Setup/Environment...

What else font would you suggest?

I noticed that my old setup was 15. Must be getting old then Smile.

Consolas works for me at smaller font sizes without eye strain though.
Re: ide: Developing preprocessing parser [message #44815 is a reply to message #44813] Thu, 02 July 2015 14:30 Go to previous message
deep is currently offline  deep
Experienced Member
Personally I always set myfont to liberation mono or sans

Warm Regards

Deepak
Previous Topic: ide: Complete identifier improved
Next Topic: Nvl now expanded up to 5 parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:13:15 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02801 seconds