Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Basic package requirements (What packages do I have to include to link the Hello World example?)
Basic package requirements [message #44706] Sat, 30 May 2015 00:08 Go to next message
sixstringking is currently offline  sixstringking
Hello All,

I am brand new to Ultimate++. Starting with a new, empty package, I'm trying to build of the 'Hello World' example from the help file.
I've managed to eliminate most of the unresolved externals by adding the Core, CtrlCore, and CtrlLib packages, but the linker still can't find "_main":

LIBCMTD.lib(crt0.obj): error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function __tmainCRTStartup

What package do I have to include to get _main? (I'm working in Cygwin/MinGW on a 64 bit Windows machine, if it matters.)

Thanking you all in advance.
Jeff

(By the way, sure would be nice if the IDE would allow me to copy build error messages to the clipboard rather than having to type them by hand.)
Re: Basic package requirements [message #44709 is a reply to message #44706] Mon, 01 June 2015 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
sixstringking wrote on Fri, 29 May 2015 18:08
Hello All,

I am brand new to Ultimate++. Starting with a new, empty package, I'm trying to build of the 'Hello World' example from the help file.
I've managed to eliminate most of the unresolved externals by adding the Core, CtrlCore, and CtrlLib packages, but the linker still can't find "_main":

LIBCMTD.lib(crt0.obj): error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function __tmainCRTStartup

What package do I have to include to get _main? (I'm working in Cygwin/MinGW on a 64 bit Windows machine, if it matters.)

Thanking you all in advance.
Jeff

You need to add code below to one of your cpp-files.
#include <Core/Core.h>
CONSOLE_APP_MAIN
{
}

sixstringking wrote on Fri, 29 May 2015 18:08
Hello All,
(By the way, sure would be nice if the IDE would allow me to copy build error messages to the clipboard rather than having to type them by hand.)

Take a look at several icons in the right-down corner (you can also try to press ESC button several times to open/close this panel). One of the icons is called "Console". Click on it. This is probably what you are looking for.

Another useful thing is a check-box Setup --> "Be Verbose".

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Novo
Re: Basic package requirements [message #44710 is a reply to message #44709] Mon, 01 June 2015 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Another possible reason is that you need to have "GUI" in your main package config.

The reason is that Win32 builds GUI apps differently from console apps, that is why builder needs to know that you are building GUI.

(Package/project creation 'wizard' completely setups all necessary, but I guess you know this trying to recreate the process from the scratch to understand details, which I applaud... Smile

Mirek
Re: Basic package requirements [message #44714 is a reply to message #44710] Wed, 03 June 2015 02:44 Go to previous message
sixstringking is currently offline  sixstringking
Ah yes. That's it: the GUI flag. Thanks, Mirek.

Jeff
Previous Topic: How does one position the mouse cursor?
Next Topic: Vector deep copy constructor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:29:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03177 seconds