Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Callbacks and Timers » notes about callback
notes about callback [message #2984] Tue, 02 May 2006 18:59 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

when I started with U++ I was coming from a GUI in C where all the callbacks were visibile to all and I could draw "spaghetti" everywhere. In C++ the things are different and I had my bad moments of frustastion with the class and their callbacks. Thanks to Aris I overcame them.
In my spare time I've written a short notes/tutorial about callback (see attached). Perhaps they can be useful for beginners like me.
You can use them as you want for any purpose you like. If you have comments and want to improve them you are welcome. There is space for improvements!

Luigi
Re: notes about callback [message #2988 is a reply to message #2984] Tue, 02 May 2006 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Very nice.

I have an idea - what about posting those tutorials on CodeProject?

"competition" does that:

http://www.codeproject.com/library/vcf_helloworld2.asp

I think this could be interesting for CodeProject readers as well.

Would you help, aris? (Like adding some foreword to the first tutorial and maybe fixing typos?).

Mirek
Re: notes about callback [message #2990 is a reply to message #2988] Tue, 02 May 2006 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Tue, 02 May 2006 19:29

Very nice.

I have an idea - what about posting those tutorials on CodeProject?

"competition" does that:

http://www.codeproject.com/library/vcf_helloworld2.asp

I think this could be interesting for CodeProject readers as well.

Would you help, aris? (Like adding some foreword to the first tutorial and maybe fixing typos?).

Mirek

Smile Sorry about not completely polished things in this tutorial. I've done only one 10 minutes revision... and preparing some SVG graphics for it. But I want to have our forums more "navigatable" etc. before bigger advertising and some summer interruptions with my internet access.
Aris
Re: notes about callback [message #32211 is a reply to message #2990] Sun, 01 May 2011 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john2004 is currently offline  john2004
I see this is an old post, but when I found it, I was so glad someone had written a support document for callbacks. The problem is. I can not open the rar file. Downloaded it six times, tried to open it with 3 different RAR enabled applications and they all said it was unknown format or damaged.

Can anyone post a copy in doc,html, pdf or whatever is available?
Thanks, John
Re: notes about callback [message #32212 is a reply to message #32211] Sun, 01 May 2011 16:30 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
john2004 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2011 16:05

I see this is an old post, but when I found it, I was so glad someone had written a support document for callbacks. The problem is. I can not open the rar file. Downloaded it six times, tried to open it with 3 different RAR enabled applications and they all said it was unknown format or damaged.

Can anyone post a copy in doc,html, pdf or whatever is available?
Thanks, John

Hello,

I have no longer a copy. This post was on the older server and I am afraid now there is nothing attached.
Perhaps somebody else has a copy although I doubt.

Luigi

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2011 16:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: FIX: Callback / Tuple
Next Topic: Feature request: Synchronized timers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:42:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06596 seconds