Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » xmos builder (Plan for xmos xc (gcc like) builder)
xmos builder [message #44862] Fri, 10 July 2015 12:52 Go to next message
brown is currently offline  brown
Promising Member
Hi, I have a plan to migrate my embedded sw project to upp infrastructure. (Iam using upp on desktop several years ago.)
So I have a plan to write some new class(es) to uppsrc\ide\Builders.

Is anyone else interesting on this task/project?

Short introduction of the projects goals/ideas:
To be able to compile an xmos project some rational way.

xmos is company, xcore is a oommunity for this multithread microcontrollers. This one is a little bit differs from the others.
The funny thing on this architecture is the xmos cpu have its hardware implementations for typical multithread problems like:
-they have own c like language namely xc, which contains multithread additions. CPU have thread specific registers and instructions.
-have atomic send message and syncron between threads and outside of the controller (channels).
-have resources: channel, clock, sync, thread, io. Thease are managed by mostly on the hardware.
-have kernel and user mode. (XC compiler creates all of kernel codes, like allocation&lock, thread start/fork/join etc.
-they have a modified eclipse ide & CDT. But it is coded in java, and it is a)slow b)dislike how it works.

There are a gcc like xc language compiler xcc and xmake, xsim and similar binary tools... So I hope this task will be not so difficult. The actual GccBuilder fails on calling of these tools right now, because these are a little bit different. There are some extra or changed arguments, it requires some enviroment variables, and I think there is some memory size issues too, etc...
I spent one day to this problem in the past week, and I decided to not use the actual upp ide, at this moment. Some improvement needed.

First of all I would like to know, if someone else is interested on this area...
Thanks.
B.

Re: xmos builder [message #44865 is a reply to message #44862] Fri, 10 July 2015 15:39 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
brown wrote on Fri, 10 July 2015 12:52
Hi, I have a plan to migrate my embedded sw project to upp infrastructure. (Iam using upp on desktop several years ago.)
So I have a plan to write some new class(es) to uppsrc\ide\Builders.

Is anyone else interesting on this task/project?

Short introduction of the projects goals/ideas:
To be able to compile an xmos project some rational way.

xmos is company, xcore is a oommunity for this multithread microcontrollers. This one is a little bit differs from the others.
The funny thing on this architecture is the xmos cpu have its hardware implementations for typical multithread problems like:
-they have own c like language namely xc, which contains multithread additions. CPU have thread specific registers and instructions.
-have atomic send message and syncron between threads and outside of the controller (channels).
-have resources: channel, clock, sync, thread, io. Thease are managed by mostly on the hardware.
-have kernel and user mode. (XC compiler creates all of kernel codes, like allocation&lock, thread start/fork/join etc.
-they have a modified eclipse ide & CDT. But it is coded in java, and it is a)slow b)dislike how it works.

There are a gcc like xc language compiler xcc and xmake, xsim and similar binary tools... So I hope this task will be not so difficult. The actual GccBuilder fails on calling of these tools right now, because these are a little bit different. There are some extra or changed arguments, it requires some enviroment variables, and I think there is some memory size issues too, etc...
I spent one day to this problem in the past week, and I decided to not use the actual upp ide, at this moment. Some improvement needed.

First of all I would like to know, if someone else is interested on this area...
Thanks.
B.

Sounds good and relatively easy to do for me...

Mirek
Previous Topic: Code completion for external (non-upp) API's
Next Topic: [PROPOSAL] Rebuild only selected packages.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:35:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02843 seconds