Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Installing UPP on Centos 6.4 (make errors)
Installing UPP on Centos 6.4 [message #44950] Tue, 28 July 2015 23:52 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
So with Mirek's help I installed gtk2-devel, libnotify-devel and bzip2-devel which are not included in the standard developer tools package on this distro and it now does lots of building but gets stuck with the following error

CtrlCore/GtkDrawOp.cpp: In member function 'virtual void Upp::SystemDraw::DrawRectOp(int, int, int, int, Upp::Color)':
CtrlCore/GtkDrawOp.cpp:135: error: 'CAIRO_OPERATOR_DIFFERENCE' was not declared in this scope
gmake[1]: *** [_out/CtrlCore//home/upp/Scripts/GCCMK.bm-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Mt-P osix-Shared/GtkDrawOp.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nick/upp-x11-src-8227/uppsrc'
cp: cannot stat `uppsrc/ide.out': No such file or directory
make: *** [all] Error 1

Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it please? I have cairo-devel installed as part of the developer tools group install (yum groupinstall 'Development Tools').

Nick

Re: Installing UPP on Centos 6.4 [message #44951 is a reply to message #44950] Wed, 29 July 2015 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Hi Nick,

Which build flags do you build with?
Re: Installing UPP on Centos 6.4 [message #44952 is a reply to message #44951] Wed, 29 July 2015 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am just typing

make

in the extracted folder and that is it so I guess I am using the default flags. To be clear, this is my attempt to build and install theIDE under Centos 6.4.

Nick
Re: Installing UPP on Centos 6.4 [message #44955 is a reply to message #44952] Wed, 29 July 2015 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Maybe it is related to cario version on your distribution. It seems that cario is installed well, but for some reason CAIRO_OPERATOR_DIFFERENCE is unavailable. I deduced this, because there is no header inclusion error.

To test that ide compiles without this function you can change line 133 in CtrlCore/GtkDrawOp.cpp to:
#if !GTK_CHECK_VERSION(2,24,0)

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Installing UPP on Centos 6.4 [message #44965 is a reply to message #44955] Mon, 03 August 2015 06:38 Go to previous message
Thanks Klugier,

Mirek fixed the issue in tarball 8780. The full list of required libraries appears to be

yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'
yum install bzip2-devel
yum install expat-devel
yum install libnotify-devel
yum install gtk2-devel
yum install cairo-devel (not sure needed as might be part of group install)
yum install atk-devel (not sure needed as might be part of group install)
yum install pango-devel (not sure needed as might be part of group install)

Thanks,

Nick
Previous Topic: Installation error for tarball upp-x11-src-8756.tar.gz
Next Topic: missing file domake in nightly build tarball
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:41:56 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01250 seconds