Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » global t_ macro screws up boost and my code... (global t_ macro screws up boost and my code...)
global t_ macro screws up boost and my code... [message #45546] Sun, 29 November 2015 17:57 Go to next message
kitovyj is currently offline  kitovyj
Hello guys,

I'm trying to use Upp as a GUI frontend for my app. But the globally defined t_ macro breaks boost bind header (it defines "t_" variable in one of the headers!). I tried to do "#undef t_" - but it didnt help(why?!). Probably BLITZ includes some Upp headers forcefully in each header? Have anybody tackled suchblem? Please help.

Best Regards,
Alexander

error messages:

In file included from C:\upp\uppsrc/Core/i18n.h:17:0,
from C:\upp\uppsrc/Core/Core.h:302,
from C:\upp\uppsrc/Draw/Draw.h:6,
from C:\upp\uppsrc/RichText/RichText.h:4,
from C:\upp\uppsrc/CtrlCore/CtrlCore.h:4,
from C:\upp\uppsrc/CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h:4,
from C:\projects\next\next.h:4,
from C:\projects\next\main.cpp:1:
c:\projects\boost_1_59_0/boost/core/ref.hpp: In constructor 'boost::reference_wrapper<T>::reference_wrapper(T&)':
C:\upp\uppsrc/Core/t_.h:9:24: error: class 'boost::reference_wrapper<T>' does not have any field named 't_GetLngString'
#define t_(x) t_GetLngString(x)
^
c:\projects\boost_1_59_0/boost/core/ref.hpp:73:57: note: in expansion of macro 't_'
BOOST_FORCEINLINE explicit reference_wrapper(T& t): t_(boost::addressof(t)) {}
^

[Updated on: Sun, 29 November 2015 19:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: global t_ macro screws up boost and my code... [message #45550 is a reply to message #45546] Sun, 29 November 2015 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello kitovyj,

I use boost and also ran into these kinds of problems.
The solution I found is to add the following line in the cpp file that includes and uses boost headers

#pragma BLITZ_PROHIBIT

==> the result is that this file IS NOT compiled with other arbitrary files by blitz so you don't get these errors

Hope it helps
Re: global t_ macro screws up boost and my code... [message #45551 is a reply to message #45550] Mon, 30 November 2015 01:10 Go to previous message
kitovyj is currently offline  kitovyj
It fixed the issue! Thank you, Didier.

Didier wrote on Sun, 29 November 2015 23:05
Hello kitovyj,

I use boost and also ran into these kinds of problems.
The solution I found is to add the following line in the cpp file that includes and uses boost headers

#pragma BLITZ_PROHIBIT

==> the result is that this file IS NOT compiled with other arbitrary files by blitz so you don't get these errors

Hope it helps

Previous Topic: Fossil,SSH,Npackd,GIT and R.
Next Topic: Multiple lines on EditString
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:28:44 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01169 seconds