FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Change name of project
Change name of project [message #46378] Tue, 03 May 2016 12:02 Go to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
An app I have been working on I wanted the name changed from NefbG2 to Control.

In theide I tried project rename project error: Renaming package folder has failed.

I copied that project directory and renamed it to Control.
Inside that directory I renamed the .cpp and .upp files

After cleaning, rebuilding, etc. then trying to compile I get this error:

(): LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\upp-mingw-9701\upp\out\MyApps\Control\MSC15.Gui.Main.Mt\ NefbG2.obj'

How can I rename the project and get it to compile and run.

Neil
Re: Change name of project [message #46383 is a reply to message #46378] Tue, 03 May 2016 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
I've done that before, but cannot remember the exact steps, so I did a test with a sample project.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Create an empty project Control in theide;
2. Delete exisint *.h, *.cpp in the Control directory, copy the *.cpp, *.h in your original NefbG2 folders to the Control folder, rename the files if so desired. Make sure you leave the Control.upp file untouched, and make sure you don't copy NefbG2.upp to the Contorl folder;
3. Back to theide, with Control as your current project, focus on the left bottom part of theide which lists all files in the current project. Remove the existing ones (Maybe Control.cpp, Control.h) and mouse right click in the region, in the popup menu, choose the very first one, "Insert package directory/file(s)", add the cpp's and h's that originally belongs to NefbG2.

Now you should be ready to go.
Re: Change name of project [message #46384 is a reply to message #46383] Tue, 03 May 2016 23:12 Go to previous message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
Since yours is a main package, when creating the empty project, please choose basic CtrLib as project type so that CtrlLib and related packages will be automatically added to the Control program.

Or there is an alternative way, which probably is easier in your current situation. Open your current Control project, remove its existing files (from the file listing without actually deleting them), and then right click the file listing region and select "Insert package directory/file(s)" to add the renamed *.h and *.cpp, *.lay, etc files. After that, select Control.h and Control.cpp, make sure they are not empty but with your original NefbG2.h NefbG2.cpp content.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 May 2016 23:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: link error with MINGW - - SOLVED
Next Topic: error compiling with upp9801
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:53:30 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01841 seconds