Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Theide (feature): closing openend files when changing package
Theide (feature): closing openend files when changing package [message #46661] Sat, 25 June 2016 13:27 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I believe it is dangerous to continue leave opened the files of an old package when a new one has been selected.
When a new package is created or opened, I would like that all tab/files that do not refer to the new one should be closed inconditionately.

In fact, sometimes working with a different version of the same package (same name of the files), I continued to type and modifies the file of the package that was already closed. I do not know if I am the only one doing this silly mistake.

However I do not see any good reason to leave opened the files that no longer are in use in the new selected package. Who is interested in them can open a part.

Thanks,
Luigi
Re: Theide (feature): closing openend files when changing package [message #47983 is a reply to message #46661] Mon, 01 May 2017 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I agree with you - we should work towards better main package separation. We do not forget about your issue and it is tracked as #1518.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Theide (feature): closing openend files when changing package [message #47987 is a reply to message #47983] Tue, 02 May 2017 09:01 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Yes, I also agree.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Question: What are the use cases for .tr files?
Next Topic: CHARSET_UTF8 not working?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:35:59 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01059 seconds