Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Wrong handling of Combined Unicode Characters
Wrong handling of Combined Unicode Characters [message #46693] Wed, 13 July 2016 14:07 Go to next message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
Text created from combined unicode characters is wrongly handled in EditString field (and probably other controls).
See the attached project; run it and try to select one character.
You see that you have to press the arrow keys twice to go one character to the left/right.
When selecting or deleting characters, more 'funny' things happen.
Re: Wrong handling of Combined Unicode Characters [message #46844 is a reply to message #46693] Fri, 26 August 2016 19:26 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, it actually works better than expected... We do not really support combined characters (as 'whole single character') at this point, so what I see is exactly the best possible outcome.

BTW, even more damning issue is that we do not support RTL languages yet... There are still limits to what we can achieve and these issues were never that much important. (That said, RTL is probably more important of two, but also harder to do).

Mirek
Previous Topic: Issue With Korean translation of Upp Linux application
Next Topic: Language msMY that I want to add to .t file is missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:50:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01238 seconds