Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » [BUG] GUI issue when importing build method
[BUG] GUI issue when importing build method [message #46781] Wed, 03 August 2016 11:44 Go to next message
mikini is currently offline  mikini

I'm having a GUI issue when importing build methods using nightly build of theide.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start theide
2. Load a project (like for example "AnimatedHello")
3. Go to Menu: "Settings->Build methods.."
4. Right click in the leftmost "Method" area, select "Import"
5. Choose a .bm file in the file dialog (I've tried several, seems not to influence the error, contents of the one that exhibits the issue for me is included below (why only one attached file pr. message?))
6. Click "Open"

After importing the .bm file the BM list is being populated with duplicate copies of the already existing build methods in addition to the newly imported one. Obviously when trying to "OK" this situation a sanity check fails reporting "Duplicate method". Here is a screenshot of the UI at this point;

index.php?t=getfile&id=5050&private=0

However, after canceling this locked situation in the build method and reentering the dialog, everything seems fine. Only one of each build method is present including the imported one and they can be used for building.

System information

I'm using upp-nightly ppa on Ubuntu 15.10 and have just updated to this night's packages.

$ dpkg -s upp theide
Package: upp
Priority: optional
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 182110
Maintainer: Jan Dolinar <dolik.rce@seznam.cz>
Architecture: all
Version: 10137-1~wily0
Depends: theide, g++ (= 4.1) | g++ (>= 4.3), libx11-dev (>= 1.0.0), libxft-dev (>= 2.1.8), libpng12-dev (>= 1.2.8), libbz2-dev, libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.8.17), libnotify-dev
Description: C++ library for cross-platform development
 Ultimate++ is a radical and innovative GUI toolkit whose number one priority
 is programmer productivity. C++ is a great programming language but
 C++ programmers are sometimes hampered by the lack of effective libraries.
 U++ libraries enable genuine productivity gains with shorter development
 times and greatly reduced application source code size.
Homepage: http://www.ultimatepp.org

Package: theide
Priority: optional
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 14280
Maintainer: Jan Dolinar <dolik.rce@seznam.cz>
Architecture: amd64
Source: upp
Version: 10137-1~wily0
Replaces: upp (<= 2332)
Depends: libbz2-1.0, libc6 (>= 2.14), libcairo2 (>= 1.6.0), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.9.0), libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 (>= 2.22.0), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.0), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.24.0), libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4), libstdc++6 (>= 5.2), libx11-6, zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
Recommends: sox
Description: IDE (not only) for Ultimate++ framework
 TheIDE introduces modular concepts to C++ programming. It features
 BLITZ-build technology to speedup C++ rebuilds up to 4 times, Visual
 designers for U++ libraries, Topic++ system for documenting code
 and creating rich text resources for applications (like help and code
 documentation) and Assist++ - a powerful C++ code analyzer that provides
 features like code completion, navigation and transformation.
Homepage: http://www.ultimatepp.org

GCC_i586.bm

(this is a BM for attempting to cross compile to a Yocto built embedded system, linking doesn't work for me yet, seems like theide uses some hardcoded linking options to crt*.o files which can't be found using this current BM, I might open a separate topic for this if I get stuck or find issues)
BUILDER = "GCC";
COMPILER = "i586-poky-linux-g++";
COMMON_OPTIONS = "-m32 -march=i586 --sysroot=/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260";
COMMON_CPP_OPTIONS = "-std=c++11";
COMMON_C_OPTIONS = "";
COMMON_LINK = "";
COMMON_FLAGS = "";
DEBUG_INFO = "2";
DEBUG_BLITZ = "0";
DEBUG_LINKMODE = "1";
DEBUG_OPTIONS = "-O0";
DEBUG_FLAGS = "";
DEBUG_LINK = "";
RELEASE_BLITZ = "0";
RELEASE_LINKMODE = "1";
RELEASE_OPTIONS = "-O3 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections";
RELEASE_FLAGS = "";
RELEASE_LINK = "-Wl,--gc-sections";
DEBUGGER = "gdb";
ALLOW_PRECOMPILED_HEADERS = "0";
DISABLE_BLITZ = "0";
PATH = "/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/sbin;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/bin;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sbin";
INCLUDE = "/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/include;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/include/freetype2;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/include/glib-2.0;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/include/gtk-2.0;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/include/cairo;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/include/pango-1.0;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/include/atk-1.0/";
LIB = "/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/lib;/home/miki/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/ax12260/usr/include/glibc-locale-internal-i586-poky-linux/usr/lib/";
LINKMODE_LOCK = "0";

Mikkel
Re: [BUG] GUI issue when importing build method [message #46807 is a reply to message #46781] Sat, 13 August 2016 20:32 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

It should be fixed - for revision 10166 and above. Can you test it? Of course, thanks for reporting this bug.

Please notice that you can force several other issue when importing method. I found that when you import method is permanent it means that when you click canceled button - it still be in method list. However you can remove it by delete row in array. So, it should be less paint full that bug you described here.

When you verified this bug - please change title to [FIXED] or something like that.

Here is link to github commit:
https://github.com/ultimatepp/mirror/commit/c29ff45676d6d0b8 7611641a520e3c808fea82e6.

Sincerely and thanks,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 August 2016 20:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: <build_info.h> can't be included in .rc file
Next Topic: umk doubt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:03:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01631 seconds