Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » unicode input in edit ctrls
unicode input in edit ctrls [message #3153] Tue, 09 May 2006 13:09 Go to next message
ngducviet is currently offline  ngducviet
Hi,

I am using U++ on win32, and having a problem in inputting unicode characters (vietnamese characters) for edit ctrls, it could not display them correctly. Does someone know how to solve this ?

Thanks in advance,

Viet
Re: unicode input in edit ctrls [message #3154 is a reply to message #3153] Tue, 09 May 2006 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ngducviet wrote on Tue, 09 May 2006 07:09

Hi,

I am using U++ on win32, and having a problem in inputting unicode characters (vietnamese characters) for edit ctrls, it could not display them correctly. Does someone know how to solve this ?

Thanks in advance,

Viet

How are they displayed? Could you post screenshot a describe the correct behaviour or something like that?

Mirek
Re: unicode input in edit ctrls [message #3184 is a reply to message #3154] Wed, 10 May 2006 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

My problem:
I am using a unicode-enable keyboard driver for typing vietnamese words in edit ctrl, it is OK when typing them in MFC's edit ctrl, but in U++ it is different, suppose I have vietnamese words: "nguyễn đức việt", all I got from U++'s edit ctrl is "nguyÔn ®øc viÖt" that is not the expected one.

Viet

Re: unicode input in edit ctrls [message #3195 is a reply to message #3184] Thu, 11 May 2006 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
ngducviet wrote on Wed, 10 May 2006 05:01

Hi,

My problem:
I am using a unicode-enable keyboard driver for typing vietnamese words in edit ctrl, it is OK when typing them in MFC's edit ctrl, but in U++ it is different, suppose I have vietnamese words: "nguyễn đức việt", all I got from U++'s edit ctrl is "nguyÔn ®øc viÖt" that is not the expected one.

Viet

Well, this is a little bit hard to resolve without having your Win version...

Basically, U++ accepts UNICODE that comes from Win32, and uses Win32 UNICODE output on the screen. It is really weird what went wrong here...

I have just tried to copy/paste the text above into U++ editfield and everything seems ok (please, try that too). That would point to input...

Hacking U++ is easy. The relevant code for this is in CtrlCore/CtrlKbd.cpp; Ctrl::DispatchKey at line 39. I believe that placing some LOGs there should reveal whether U++ is accepting / routing the right unicodes... (I cannot do that here because I do not have vietnamese kbd Wink

Mirek
Re: unicode input in edit ctrls [message #3199 is a reply to message #3195] Fri, 12 May 2006 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I tried, but it is not what I want, it could display correctly if I set it up before runtime, maybe the problem is due to kbd that works in U++ differently, I will do hacking U++ as the last resort.

Thanks for your help

Viet
Re: unicode input in edit ctrls [message #3201 is a reply to message #3199] Fri, 12 May 2006 08:33 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
ngducviet wrote on Fri, 12 May 2006 01:17

Hi,

I tried, but it is not what I want, it could display correctly if I set it up before runtime, maybe the problem is due to kbd that works in U++ differently, I will do hacking U++ as the last resort.

Thanks for your help

Viet

Well, if it is displayed correctly, then the problem is definitely in keyboard... Or maybe in some wrong charset/codepage translation on the way....

Mirek
Previous Topic: MultiByte Coding: one half of Chinese chars displayed [BUG?]
Next Topic: How to reset a file .t
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:58:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01085 seconds