Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » About single threaded mode for C/C++ builders after 10688 revision
About single threaded mode for C/C++ builders after 10688 revision [message #47405] Thu, 12 January 2017 20:25 Go to next message
Sender Ghost is currently offline  Sender Ghost
Hello.

As someone may be noticed, Mirek removed single threaded mode (from C/C++ builders) in 10688 revision. I don't know about real intentions, which led to this, but if read changes in mentioned revision, the purpose of it is to enable multithreaded mode by default for uppsrc/Core.

I think, that removal of single threaded mode from C/C++ builders may limit usage of TheIDE for development of non-U++ applications ([1]), because C/C++ compilers may support single and multi threaded models.

I propose to revert changes in 10688 revision and add thread model options to C/C++ builder(s) instead (with multithreaded mode by default, if this is new U++ defaults).

The proposed patch (with some basic changes) attached. The "THREAD_MODEL" variable may be renamed, if needed.

Edit: The proposal may be ignored after some explanation in below message.
  • Attachment: uppsrc.diff
    (Size: 4.17KB, Downloaded 197 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 13 January 2017 17:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About single threaded mode for C/C++ builders after 10688 revision [message #47415 is a reply to message #47405] Fri, 13 January 2017 16:49 Go to previous message
Sender Ghost is currently offline  Sender Ghost
Looks like, the HasFlag("MT") checks was used on Windows to add "-mthreads" option to GCC (compatible) compiler and "-MT" option for MSC compiler (where latest versions used multithreaded option(s) by default, based on "IsMsc89()" check). The C/C++ builder(s) on others operating systems wasn't affected, because they doesn't have HasFlag("MT") checks.

So, as I understood, some alternative description for changes in 10688 revision is:
"Single threaded mode removed for C/C++ builders on Windows. Force multithreaded mode for U++ source code, which based on uppsrc/Core".

I guess, my proposal may be ignored, if there is no need for such features on Windows.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 January 2017 19:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: umk doubt
Next Topic: Environment variables?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:55:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01555 seconds