FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » TheIDE on MAC OSX Sierra - X11
TheIDE on MAC OSX Sierra - X11 [message #47562] Sat, 28 January 2017 21:53 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi,

I managed to run theide on Mac OsX Sierra, in X11 mode, and compile and run a gui application (always in X11 mode).
Just some small problems with the makefile, which I patched manually, because of wrong placement of X11 and freetype files on MAC.

For reference, you need these path for include files :

/opt/X11/include
/opt/X11/include/freetype2

and for the library :

/opt/X11/lib

As builder I've choosen CLANG, don't forget to select "shared libs" options (-static is not supported on MAC) and to add above paths also in include and libs tabs.

Here a picture of Puzzle example running on top of theide :

index.php?t=getfile&id=5189&private=0

Ciao

Max

Edit : I followed points 1..4 from

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=9339 &goto=44897&#msg_44897

but using latest tarball and snv source tree for upp folder.
The only small difficulties are the makefiles patches (just insert include and libs near the already existing X11 ones...),
a small patch to core/TimeDate.cpp (just insert an #include <time.h> on top) and the manual filling of builder.

• Attachment: puzzlemac.png
    (Size: 427.05KB, Downloaded 822 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 28 January 2017 22:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIDE on MAC OSX Sierra - X11 [message #47565 is a reply to message #47562] Sat, 28 January 2017 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amrein is currently offline  amrein
Experienced Member
Hi

We are trying to improve this.

Do you have pkg-config installed? If so, make should find X11 includes out of the box. Without pkg-config, it will search X11 libraries in a few locations (mainly Linux default locations) and make will warn you that build will certainly fail. Same thing for libraries locations.

Did you use the last X11/POSIX snapshot from here http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$nightly$en-us.html or did you get U++ from another source?

Re: TheIDE on MAC OSX Sierra - X11 [message #47566 is a reply to message #47565] Sat, 28 January 2017 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Yep, pkg-config is installed, but the folders were not detected... I don't know why.
And yep, I used the latest posix tarball from your link.
Re: TheIDE on MAC OSX Sierra - X11 [message #47567 is a reply to message #47566] Sun, 29 January 2017 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amrein is currently offline  amrein
Experienced Member
If 'pkg-config --variable=pcfiledir x11' doesn't give you x11.pc location or if x11.pc content is wrong than this explains why it didn't find x11 includes and libraries automatically.
Re: TheIDE on MAC OSX Sierra - X11 [message #47568 is a reply to message #47562] Sun, 29 January 2017 03:11 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Anyways, now it works here.
It was a bit cumbersome to add framework libraries, but my test app works, and it needed no changes, besides my bazaar
serial port library that now supports OSX too:

index.php?t=getfile&id=5190&private=0
Previous Topic: Quick way to build a console app on mac
Next Topic: Finally...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:57:59 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01491 seconds