Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Other Compiller
Other Compiller [message #47671] Wed, 01 March 2017 00:03 Go to next message
Mq35 is currently offline  Mq35
Promising Member
I have downloaded the toolchains (raspberry-gcc4.9.2-r4.exe).
How can I properly configure TheIDE to compile code for Raspberry?
How can I delete the wrong options "-DflagWIN32" "-mthreads" from compiller command line?

----- rasp ( MAIN GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 )
cd D:\upp\MyApps\rasp
rasp.cpp
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -c -I"D:\upp/MyApps" -I"D:\upp/uppsrc" -I"D:\upp\SysGCC\include" -I"D:/upp/out/MyApps/rasp/rrr.Debug.Debug_Full.Main" -DflagMAIN -D
flagGCC -DflagDEBUG -DflagDEBUG_FULL -DflagBLITZ -DflagWIN32 -mthreads -g2 -static -fexceptions -D_DEBUG -O0 -gstabs -x c++ "D:\upp\MyApps\rasp\rasp.cpp" -o "D
:/upp/out/MyApps/rasp/rrr.Debug.Debug_Full.Main\rasp.o"

Re: Other Compiller [message #47673 is a reply to message #47671] Wed, 01 March 2017 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mq35 is currently offline  Mq35
Promising Member
Can I do to crosscompile from TheIDE?
Re: Other Compiller [message #47677 is a reply to message #47673] Sat, 04 March 2017 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hy Mq35,

You can definitly cross compile with theide.

But you must have something wrong in you're config : you have both flagGCC and flagWIN32 set.
Usually you set these be selecting the proper 'builder' : GCC, MSC, CLANG, INTEL, ... in the 'build methods panel' :
menu/setup/build methods.

I guess you are using a MSC builder and have set the flagGCC manually ?
Re: Other Compiller [message #49581 is a reply to message #47671] Tue, 06 March 2018 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
picoprof is currently offline  picoprof
Promising Member
Hello,
Do you succed to compile with theide on windows for raspberry. Can you gice us the .bm file and the configuration of the builder.
I like the ide and i want use it for raspberry.
Thank you
Re: Other Compiller [message #49586 is a reply to message #49581] Tue, 06 March 2018 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

The problem with cross compilation is that GCC or MSCV like build methods targets current operating system. This is why -DflagWIN32 flag is added. Without chaining ide source code it will not be possible.

Cross compilation with TheIDE is possible. I manage to did it in the past by providing Android builder. It can be build from Windows and Linux and targets different architecture like x86, ARM & MIPS.

Pipcoprof, please read my post when I explain how to build ide on raspberry pi. Currently, this is the only reasonable way for you.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2018 11:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Other Compiller [message #49588 is a reply to message #49586] Wed, 07 March 2018 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Thank you for the answer,
I m going to test the install on raspberry
bye
Re: Other Compiller [message #49608 is a reply to message #49588] Mon, 12 March 2018 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello picoprof,

cross compiling works fine with IDE and raspberry (I did it on linux with GCC not on windows).
You can select any compiler available on you're install, all you have to do is :
* Create you're own build method
* Select compiler type used in build method
* set paths used for bin, lib and includes

The most complicated part is:
* to have the righ compiler ( I used arm-linux-gnueabihf for my RPI2 )
* get the correct libs and includes corresponding to you're raspberry install :
for this step I extracted everything directly from the SD card of the PI (I have a doc in french that explains how to do it, I can PM it to you if you wan't)
This approach has the big advantage of being simple : add all you need to you're PI using YUM or other package manager and retreive the config for cross compilation
Re: Other Compiller [message #49610 is a reply to message #49608] Tue, 13 March 2018 07:22 Go to previous message
Promising Member
Hello didier,
Thank you for sending the doc in french, I'm not a king in english as you can read.
I'was in holiday last week and I have n't work one the raspberry.
Thank for the answer.
Previous Topic: switching to plan B tomorrow: linux instead of MinGW
Next Topic: Promising results from CLANG/LLVM 6.0.0 on Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:21:14 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01251 seconds