Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » TheIDE feature request (code folding) (Collapsible code blocks )
icon3.gif  TheIDE feature request (code folding) [message #47814] Sun, 02 April 2017 13:58 Go to next message
germax is currently offline  germax
Promising Member
On files longer than a few lines it gets really scroll intensive at times

TheIDE really needs collapsible code blocks more (IMHO) than the commenting box.

I find myself clicking this box every now and then,
just because that's where all other Editors of my choice (Notepad++; MS Visual C++ to name just two)
have that code collapse icon ([+] [-])

just saying

Alex

that other german guy

[Updated on: Sun, 02 April 2017 23:38] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIDE feature request [message #47819 is a reply to message #47814] Sun, 02 April 2017 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Code folding has got long term tradition in u++ framework. Many wants to see it. Currently, nobody finished it - so the feature will need to wait for better times. I agree that it is needed, but with current .cpp/.h, navigator and good code design it is not critical for us to survive. Of course, if somebody delivers such solution for TheIDE we can easily integrated it with our main line source code base.

So, if you have tones of time to do that, you are welcome Wink But, firstly you need to learn basics - Am I right?

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: TheIDE feature request [message #47822 is a reply to message #47819] Mon, 03 April 2017 02:01 Go to previous message
germax is currently offline  germax
Promising Member
Laughing Yepp you are perfectly correct.. I need to refresh some of what little I've known in the past and more importantly try to keep up with all the changes since MS VC++ 2008 Wink
and the difference in "flavour" of upp.

So I will not be much of a help in the near future.
but so far I like the upp concept;
within the ~2k lines of code (incl layout and database schemes)
I cannot but applaud to some of the convenient shortcuts that are possible for me to take with it.
The question is.. can I accept the drawbacks or better.. how many can I accept *shrugs*
IDK yet.. haven't spend nearly enough time with it to decide just yet.

Anyways, as long as I know it's still on the ToDo List somewhere I'm happy enough for now.

Since for me personally the thing is, with only 2k lines so far I find myself using notepad++ for editing the files more often than not and switching back to TheIDE only to conveniently compile the alterations.

Alright, it's on the list and that's okay for now..
If by accident I stumble across the easy [&] solution ( Wink ) I'll let you guys know.

Alex

that other german guy
Previous Topic: ide script bsc
Next Topic: ide settings tabs position ignored when help is current tab
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:38:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01135 seconds