Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Designer: Tutorial for beginners
icon1.gif  Designer: Tutorial for beginners [message #1818] Mon, 20 March 2006 22:42 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

In the last week I tried several GUI and then removed all of them after some hours for the same reasons: too much code (and complex) to realize very silly things.
Then I met the Ultimate++ site and I was attracted by its very nice and powerful widgets. In order to use it I'm ready to start learning C++ that I do not master (I program in C and currently I use a very easy GUI in C with dev-cpp).

I played with TheIDE and unfortunatly I lost many hours to find how to run the designer and then where to click to let appear some thing. I found the tip in the forum only after the reading of dozens of threads while I was unable to found any useful information in the documentation (save the file with the .lay extension). From other side the picture of TheIDE in the site shows its designer feature. For a moment I thought that my IDE was bugged and then I was deinstalling everything.

As a beginner that met some problem (maybe some others could have the same) please let me suggest to the developers to make much more clear the layout feature of the IDE with a very minimal tutorial, although complete, about it (just 2 pushbutton realised with the designer and how to assembly all the files step by step). A beginner as me look for this very stupid example, especially if he has no experience in C++.

Thank you very much for your attention,
Luigi

Edit: This topic was merged.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 April 2006 03:37] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon1.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message