Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » GridCtrl and diff Edit()'s per row, same column
GridCtrl and diff Edit()'s per row, same column [message #21761] Thu, 04 June 2009 14:36 Go to previous message
jeremy_c is currently offline  jeremy_c
Experienced Member
I am making my first real application in U++ and it is to manage apiaries (yards of bee hives) and bee hives. Each bee hive can have different components installed, each component can have different questions that must be answered during a routine inspection. These questions can be of different answer types:

1. String
  2. Number
  3. Percentage
  4. Yes/No

I have everything up and working to allow the addition of apiaries, bee hives, components, assigning components to bee hives and assigning questions to components. It then will generate a QTF report for them to print and take to the apiary for their visit. The report looks something like:

Hive Id: 1
Feeder:   Filled With: ________ Refilled: Yes/No
Honey Super: Frames Filled: _____# Harvested: _______#

etc... So, with filled with, they will write in a string "water", they will circule Yes or No with Refilled, they will enter a number "7" in the Frames Filled field... etc...

Now, my GUI design was going to have a list of hives in the same order as on their printed sheet that they select, then in a grid control it would have the questions in 1 column and the place they give their answer in a second column (of course in the order it was printed on their sheet). The problem is I will need something like:

Feeder: Filled With        | EditString
Feeder: Refilled           | OptionButton
Honey Super: Frames Filled | EditInt
Honey Super: Harvested     | EditInt

... etc ... The components and questions are not standard but totally user definable. Depending on climate, equipment styles and even bee keeping methods these components/questions could be 100% different from one beekeeper to another.

Any thoughts on making this work with GridCtrl or should I be looking at some other method to get the feedback back from the sheet into the computer?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: BUG: HeaderCtrl::Serialize