FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Newbie Corner
Newbie Corner [message #24208] Tue, 05 January 2010 15:12 Go to previous message
MAD!C is currently offline  MAD!C
Promising Member
hello!

i am new to this forum and to upp. i quit programming more than 10 years ago, but i ever felt like coding again - can´t help it, can´t quit thinking in code. so i am about to jump in all this again.

searching for a lean, smart, flexible and portable dev system i came across upp and - wow - got very impressed by upp features! hats off! i hope, it turns out to be the right choice for a new start.

however, having used c++ for console applications only, i am quite new to this message driven gui concept. despite plenty of tutorials i hope you wouldn´t mind me asking some newbish questions... be certain i´ve been giving my best searching the web for answers Rolling Eyes

so my questions are:

1. i miss something like SetPixel(x,y,c) - for the moment i use DrawLine(x,y,x,y+1,c) instead, but somehow i feel this is not very clever...

2. oh my Embarassed how can i call the designer on a .lay file?

3. playing around with some fractal graphics, i settled the rendering within the paint method - making me wait to finish rendering before any input message could be processed, e.g. to close the window or change it´s size...
is there any simpler approach than jumping into multithreading?
i think of calling the eventloop from within my rendering loop, or maybe to use a timer... but i´m not sure if there are any appropriate gui methods around or if i overlook something very simple... you see my lack of gui-experience? what would you propose?

thank you!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: My new OSS project...
Next Topic: Image04 picture viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:28:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00934 seconds