Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Makefiles warning!
Makefiles warning! [message #25134] Fri, 12 February 2010 02:12 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hello all,

In case you are using Makefiles generated by theide, please note following changes that I made to bring it closer to what I believe to be a standard behaviour.

1. LINKOPTIONS: This variable, was present in the Makefiles (but not set up, explicitly). Its proper name should be LDFLAGS. I renamed it and also added support for it (Linker options were introduced recently, but not in makefiles). If you used this option through environment variable or command line argument, you should use LDFLAGS now. The original LINKOPTIONS variable is still working, but please consider it deprecated.
  2. CPPFLAGS: There was a little confused use of CFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/CXXFLAGS. More specifically CPPFLAGS was used where CXXFLAGS should be. Just for your info:
    • CFLAGS = options for C compiler
    • CXXFLAGS = options for C++ compiler
    • CPPFLAGS = options for preprocessor
    Unfortunately there was no way to keep backward compatibility, but I believe that most of the users used the defaults specified in Makefile, so it won't affect them. Build systems, which often use these variables are using them in correct way, so it helps there and definitely not hurts.

Everything else works the same way as it did before.

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Mac OS X porting
Next Topic: Final release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:13:46 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00853 seconds