Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Pop3 class and reference examples for U++
Pop3 class and reference examples for U++ [message #41753] Fri, 17 January 2014 01:49 Go to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I'ts been a long time since I upload some code to bazaar and I would like to upload my brand new Pop3 class (and reference examples) to the bazaar if the admins (Koldo?) could grant me the SVN/bazaar access.

Pop3 is a Upp::TcpSocket derived POP3 encapsulation class, very much like the Upp::Smtp class in its public api.
While it conforms to the RFC 1939, it is implemented with simplicity in mind. Currently, it is in beta status. While its public api is stable, internals will probably change, for I am planning to add Capabilities (CAPA command) support. So there is of couse room for improvements, such as writing a much flexible and Upp/C++ friendly parser to substitute sscanf command, fixing bugs, refactoring the code, etc.

I tried to test it as extensively as I can, with different and popular POP3 providers.

And I wrote a simple console based reference example (again, similar to the SMTP reference example), which can retrieve message headers. I am also writing a GUI based one. I will upload it here in the next days.

Pop3 class requires OpenSSL. If you are using Linux, you probably have it. If you are Using windows, you can either get the source and compile it, or better, simply download the precompiled binaries from: (http://www.openssl.org/related/binaries.html) and configure it using TheIDE's "Setup"->"Build Methods..." menu.

Pop3 class and relevant example code are tested under:

U++ version 6738

Arch Linux: Linux 3.12 i686 Kernel with KDE SC 4.12.
Windows XP SP3 (i686)

Any suggestions, bug reports are always welcome.

And a happy new year to everyone!

P.s.: There are two helper functions in Pop3Example reference code: One ise DecodeEncodedString(): to decode QuotedPrintable/Q encoded texts. And the other is FindHeadersElement(): to get header sections. I wrote them in a hurry and long time ago so they are not meant to stay. I am planning to write an InternetMessage/EMail class, so they will be replaced with proper and fresh methods.

Regards.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 January 2014 01:57]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Value size ?
Next Topic: Skylark: Should escape character '$' be replaced to avoid name clash with Jquery?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:16:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01762 seconds