Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » Never to able to compile any example.
Never to able to compile any example. [message #57480] Tue, 31 August 2021 07:48 Go to previous message
Allen is currently offline  Allen
I spent whole day trying to figure out how to run at least one example, tried every possible search source, still failed.
I feel very sad now.

I'm using macOS 11.5.2. I can confirm that all required libraries are installed.

Here is my journey:

1. Download upp-macos-16056.tar.xz, unzip it, launch theide.
2. Granted every privileges it requires.
3. A popup shows asking me to download the source, click ok.
4. I saw the system console showed up with git clone ..., after 30 minutes, still there, I checked target folder, seems nothing is downloaded.
5. I closed system console. Open terminal and type git clone ... manually, it works well, so network and git works fine, it's not the issue.
6. I tried again, still stuck at the git clone step.
7. Cancel git clone, start theide directly. I can only see MyApps in Assemply list (see attahment).
8. I tried to use umk to compile a example by "./umk ./examples AddressBook CLANG -v ./adbook". Error message is "Missing package(s): CtrlLib Report".

I thought it might be the nightly build's issue, so I went to sourceforge and downloaded the stable build.

Lanuch theide, it stuck at svn ..., wait 30 minutes, nothing happened. Cancel, and lanuch theide, samething happened, I can only see MyApps in Assemply list.
Ran "./umk ./examples AddressBook CLANG -v ./adboo", same error.

I'm so exhausted now... How can I make it work?

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fail to get theIde started with macos
Next Topic: Issues with cross-compilation for MacOS on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:45:16 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03722 seconds