Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Look of the IDE on kubuntu 6.10
Look of the IDE on kubuntu 6.10 [message #7975] Fri, 02 February 2007 02:17 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Help please with the look of the IDE.

I downloaded the upp_2007.1-beta3_i386.deb and installed it on kubuntu 6.10 (just needed installation of some more packages from dependencies, worked without any problem).

I'm adding screenshot how it *LOOKS*.

I can't use such thin fonts, also I would love +2 size (ok, maybe I should get finally glasses again, but for now...).
No other application so far had this look, and I don't see any way how to configure it inside upp.

Any chance to change the font of menus to something usable?
Those fonts are so thin, that the subpixel font rendering doesn't work correctly and I see colorful characters instead of normal black ones.
(I have this problem with Firefox too, but there's certainly not as visible, and it's due to their own font rendering engine embedded in Firefox binaries)

The font settings for editor looks rich enough to set it up to my liking, no problem there.

I can try it again under Gnome later, because I had both managers installed, but under Gnome I have some stability issues and I got already used to KDE since than.

edit: change of GUI theme doesn't help. Background of menus does change to something weird, but the fonts remain absolutely the same.
  • Attachment: uppide.png
    (Size: 135.23KB, Downloaded 687 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 02 February 2007 02:23]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message