Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Compiling a POSIX Package
Re: Compiling a POSIX Package [message #49152 is a reply to message #49125] Thu, 28 December 2017 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
morley is currently offline  morley
Promising Member
Thanks Oblivion! Sorry to take so long getting back to you. I finally got a different Interactive Brokers api package to compile under Linux. I couldn't get the package to compile in Windows with upp/mingw. If I was smarter I probably could have. I have had a lot of problems. First I was running Light Ubuntu (Lubuntu) under Windows with Vbox from a quick install a couple of years ago. I am using Lubuntu because I have a 8 yr old dual core laptop which is a bit slow. I forgot most of the small amount of Linux I did know. I couldn't get guest additions shared folders to work with that version. I had video problems with the latest Lubuntu. I finally went to Bodhi Linux under Windows Vbox. Bodhi is lightweight and pretty nice, uses the Moksha desktop which takes another night of fiddling with to get set up and used to but I like it. I finally got things to compile and run under with Linux with Upp. The real issue appears to have been a compiler switch. Things kept dying at the thread creation. So after Googling a lot of stuff I added the compiler switch -pthread to a couple of the other build switches in the package make script and it finally worked. The original make did not have -pthread yet it built the package. I don't really understand that, but I am going to move on.

Best wishes for the new year from Minnesota. Saturday's High and low expected to be -21 and -26C! Sad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: TheIDE is always stripping debug info in Release configuration with GCC
Next Topic: _Gstaticassertcompiletimeassertion_0 is negative-error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:13:53 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01109 seconds