Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » MessageCtrl: A passive notifications ctrl and manager. (A a usefule CtrlLib add-on.)
Re: MessageCtrl: A passive notifications ctrl and manager. [message #49575 is a reply to message #49573] Sun, 04 March 2018 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Oblivion wrote on Sun, 04 March 2018 13:10
Hello Luigi,

1) Done (see package) It is the default behaviour now. Smile
I may also add Append() if requested.

2) Yes this is possible too. But I have some reservations about this.
It might make sense to add this option to MessageBox, but IMO this should be restricted to Information type message box. (as with the timeout).
Others (Error, Success, Warning, Question) need to stay, and wait for confirmation, since they are although informational, yet important messages.
So here's what I propose: I'll add it as an option to both Custom message boxes, and Information boxes (with a default timeout)

3) I don't quite understand this one. You ask me to add a message limit, time limit, or something else? Could you elaborate a little more?

Best regards,
Oblivion

Hello Oblivion,

Thanks a lot for the upgrade! Now it looks better for my needs.
However an Append() method could be useful in some cases and make the Ctrl more flexible.

For request #2, I do not intend substitute your Ctrl, just add an option to hide the button to not suggest to press it.
In my program the user performs some selection on two separate lists. Some of his choice are legal, other illegal and other legal although problematic. Depending on his choice your Ctrl may signal him what he is doing. The message should only inform him in a not blocking way (I would not force him to push a button). Actually I do this in a ugly way with a label that set different colored images.

For #3 the limit should refer to the visible messages, for example only the latest 3. In the previous case, while the user do his task the messages appear from top but only the latest are important, so make no sense to show all of them.

Best regards,
Luigi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message