Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » TheIDE remote package dependencies proposal - dealing with baazar
TheIDE remote package dependencies proposal - dealing with baazar [message #49906] Sun, 03 June 2018 23:02 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I was thinking how to deal with bazaar problem and I found one interesting solution that we can implement to U++ build infrastructure. However, it will require serve effort to implement.

The main idea of solving that problem is too provide remote package dependency. The user will be able to specif remote dependencies for his package. For example I want to use MessageCtrl from Oblivion in my package without manually copy it to my project...
#include <Remote/Github/Oblivion/MessageCtrl.h> // Should be able to specific GitHub repo directly...
#include <Remote/Bazaar/plugin/gtest/gtest.h> // Another example of using self hosted bazzar package...

Before build U++ can check and download required dependencies to Remote assembly folder that can be hidden in ~/.upp/theide directory. After that U++ is super easy to extend and It will be much more powerful with that feature.

This is the concept, so I would be grateful for any comments.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message