Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » Question about releasing and application
Re: Question about releasing and application [message #51339 is a reply to message #51332] Mon, 11 March 2019 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Quote:
- Could I do it better?

Probably not, sounds to me like you are actually caring a lot. Maybe even too much.

If you do release full sources, it's the only vital part.

Then making sure the way how to build is reasonably well described, and reasonably clean without extra hacks/hardcoded paths/etc...

Then focus on win exe and deb files, but eventually, if your SW is really interesting, it may gain some momentum and maybe somebody will help you to set up those further details.

I mean, it's lot more likely there will be no momentum at all, especially if you don't push the SW somewhere to make it visible, but good quality SW will eventually find its way. Smile

(and bad one may attract some more talented people to write alternative, so actually publishing piece of code which does resolve some of your real problems is usually win-win in the long term either way ... unless you are like Mirek, that your code is already at such level, that hardly anyone else can help Very Happy )

GL HF. Smile (github seems to be quite nice, I'm using it lately for some retro-computing projects)

[Updated on: Mon, 11 March 2019 15:12]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message