Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » What is the difference between learning U++ and Learning C++ through Microsoft Visual Studio? (I am a complete newbie to C related programming. I have project to do for which I have been requested to develope a code on C++. Also, they want to use Open source free licencing software, hence U++. )
Re: What is the difference between learning U++ and Learning C++ through Microsoft Visual Studio? [message #51818 is a reply to message #51806] Sat, 08 June 2019 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Microsoft Visual Studio is an IDE (an editor + other tools) shipped with Visual C/C++ compiler, which can be downloaded separately and is free to use. (More is here, but you better install the latest version of build tools)

U++ is also an IDE, which is shipped with a different compiler (MinGW)

If you install build-tools-for-visual-studio on your machine, you can tell U++ to start using them.
In order to do that launch TheIDE and go to Setup --> "Automatic build methods setup", if you want to add your MSVC compiler manually, go to Setup --> "Build methods".

Microsoft Visual Studio is a monster, huge and slow. U++ is tiny and super fast.

Regards,
Novo

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message