Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Future of C++ (Would like to have your point of view about future of C++)
Future of C++ [message #52841] Mon, 09 December 2019 12:11 Go to previous message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello community,

I'm currently ending my studies and looking for a job in C++ in France and after doing 5 or 6 job's interview in several big french developpement company, it appear they don't look for any C++ programmer. Indeed they all ask me if I know some Web languages (JS PHP JAVA EE) or Python.
Even if I know C++ have good placement in the industry due to is speed.
It seems like the IT market don't need C++ anymore and tend to replace it with python or FullStack JS.

Have you the same feeling about it ?
Moreover what you think about python ? can it replace C++ in future ?

I will take the exemple of Discord : it is an application available as WEB service or applicatif.
the application is made with "electron" a powerfull tool allowing the conversion of JS to .exe by wrapping a chronium.
it work well, it's smooth and fast to use. But the application is 300 MO where in C++ it would be less than 10MO (in my opinion)

After all, since our systems are today overSized (memory, size, CPU and GPU power) compared to 20 years ago.
Do you think that the differences in size and performance between C++ and some higher-level interpreted languages ​​like JS and Python are so small (compared to our average CPU power) that they are direct competitors to C++ in the heavy application area?

Note that I only speak about C++ in public domain.
I have no idea of ​​how professional domain deal with C ++ today. (just guessing they tends to replace it based on my jobs interviews)

Thanks in advance for all of your responses.

Xemuth

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Key/Value store disk-based caching solution
Next Topic: Citing U++ in a paper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:15:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02513 seconds