Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Support for plug-in architecture
Support for plug-in architecture [message #53211] Sat, 21 March 2020 03:21 Go to previous message
slashupp is currently offline  slashupp
Experienced Member
(linux)

I have an app that will work well with plug-ins, i.e. using custom-controls that are compiled
into dynamic shared libs that can be loaded by the executable without needing to recompile the
app itself.

My current design generates all as one big blob-executable and needs to be re-build for each small
change or addition of a custom-control, but would be much better using plug-ins.

Since Windows DLL's can be created, why can the linux-equivalent of dynamic shared object (.so) not
be created? It looks like a simple change to compiler and linker flags that will enable this?

I've hacked the [Setup/Build methods] flags to produce a .so lib, which works with well with
'extern "C"'-functions, but fails to pass an accessable custom-control (which is mangled C++) back.

Barring out-of-the-box support for plug-in/.so development, is there any other way to implement a
plug-in design using Upp?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Proposal: Transition from SVN to GIT within 2020.1 release cycle
Next Topic: umk static version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:23:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05678 seconds