Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » How to show the plot of a function
How to show the plot of a function [message #3727] Sat, 17 June 2006 19:15 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I would like to turn on some pixels of the screen and plot the graphics of a mathematical function. I did it in the past with others OS in C. I remind I needed only to enter in the hiresolution graphics and the elementary function Plot(x,y) to hilight just one pixel at once. Then I should build the rest (axis, label, geometrical transformation). Now I would like to do the same but without loose too much time.
I've investigated the upp example and I am a bit confused about what to use (agg, upp, opengl). Please let me ask you some question:

1) I am running 606dev2. Is it include the new upp graphical routine?

2) which is the best widget where can I draw?

3) I need a transformation from real world coordinate to screen coordinate. Do you think make sense to use opengl? Perhaps I should pay attention to agg given its nice antialiasing capability. Any suggestion? (Please keep in mind that at some moment I would like to convert the application to display even complex functions... I mean those having a real and imaginary part... perhaps to generate a fractal.

Luigi

[Updated on: Sat, 17 June 2006 19:16]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to use RLE compression to print a series bmp images?
Next Topic: how to #define/#include correctly the .iml file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:55:29 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01915 seconds