Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ScatterDraw & ScatterCtrl » ScatterDraw data ownership
Re: ScatterDraw data ownership [message #54087 is a reply to message #54085] Sat, 30 May 2020 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
busiek is currently offline  busiek
Dear Koldo,

OK. Currently, I simply call SetDataSourceInternal() whenever I need - i.e. when new serie is created. It works. However, when I want to add some another serie, I need to call SetDataSourceInternal() again and - as I understand - it copies all data for all series once again, while only the data of the new serie should be copied. Correct me, if I am wrong.

I operate on a very big data. The main functionality of my app is to find some nice smoothing of the given data interactively. I try several settings, create new series basing on some previous one and compare visually how they match. Currently, the interface you provided simply suffices. I just wonder what would happen if a single serie needed ~1 GB memory to store. Then avoiding any kind of copying is welcome, but it is hypothetical setting Wink

Jakub
P.S. Scatter{Draw,Ctrl} is great and it saved me a lot of work Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ideas: Grid lines at "round" dates or values. More options for tooltip.
Next Topic: Legend & spline interpolation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:51:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03564 seconds